The Euro-India SPIRIT engages EU and Indian ICT stakeholders from across enterprise, research, academia, government and civil society (including NGOs) to present and align ICT research priorities and develop a joint research agenda, contributing to enrich and support the research dimension of the EU-India ICT Policy Dialogue.
In more detail Euro-India SPIRIT seeks to:
- Analyse the research dimension of Indian ICT policy, encompassing ICT technologies and applications and user industry and domain implications
- Organise and probe stakeholders to identify medium to long term vision and perspectives and reveal complementarities with EU priorities, notably the i2010 strategy and objectives and updates
- Update, Assist and Enrich the Policy Dialogue process and meetings between the EU and India with periodic reports, surveys and position papers encompassing findings from policy research and stakeholder views dealing with common R&D perspectives, priorities, opportunities and challenges
- Organise synchronized stakeholder events and domain experts deliberations to enhance the profile and communicate the utility of the policy dialogue process
- Recommend future co-operation initiatives and identify matching counterpart funding to leverage Indian research capability and capacity and to engage in projects in common priority areas
- Develop synergies with activities underway in India covering Capacities, People and INCO-NET dimensions